Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Hammer and Chisel Review -- Day 2

Today is The Master's Hammer and Chisel Day 2. I am feeling a little sore, but really energized! I just love the way I immediately feel better after a killer Beachbody workout and just one day of eating right and fueling my body instead of just feeding it!


Feel free to click the live links in this post to find out more about Beachbody programs, Beachbody supplements, or just to get to know me better!


Today's Workout - HAMMER PLYOMETRICS

Today's goals according to Sagi Kalev ... speed, force, and power!


Weights Used:  My own body weight, 15 lbs

Equipment:  pull-up, free weights


My favorite hammer move:  

Crazy Horse ... I LOVE working my core! This move helps me strengthen my core because it has to be engaged the entire time. As I lift my legs, I try to really focus on pulling my belly button towards my spine. Instead of simply throwing my legs in the air, I fire up my lower abs and make them do the work!


My LEAST favorite move (i.e. the most effective)

Sumo Tuck Jump .... AH!!!! This move tests your cardio endurance, your leg strength, and your ability to push through. Even if you want to stop, you know you can't! Having my goals in mind while I do this move helps me push through .... toned legs, toned legs, toned legs. I utter or yell this mantra when I feel like I can't go any longer!


Workout --- 25 minutes long! That's it!
Vertical Jump
Burpee Pull-up
Leg In and Outs
Plyo Push-up Taps
Crazy Horse
Chin-up Crunch Squat Jump
Knee Driver
Sumo Tuck Jump
Lunge Lunge Squat
 ---- Repeat ----


Breakfast
: 1 scoop Vegan Shakeology, one banana, 1 scoop of powdered peanut butter (PB2), 7oz of water


Snack: Cashew Cookie Lara Bar


Lunch: Grilled chicken, broccoli slaw, cherry tomatoes, red onion, olive oil, a splash of Italian salad dressing (I wish I had sunflower seeds because they would have been all over this crunchy chicken salad!)


Snack: 24 almonds ... yes, I actually count them! : )


Dinner: Baked flounder in lemon, white wine, and olive oil sauce (frozen filets from BJs wholesale); brown and red rice with chia and kale from BJs; asparagus; salad with homemade whole wheat croutons; tomato, olive oil, and salt

No comments:

Post a Comment